Our client is a large European utility group with 20,000 employees and a turnover of circa €20bn. This organisation has a €3bn European division that specialises in an area of low carbon technology and is one of the largest operators of its kind in Europe.
Owing to the success of this division, a UK subsidiary was established two years ago to leverage the track record of the European business and to utilise their market leading technology and innovation.
This UK business has won 80% of all bids since their inception and are on track to achieve their vision of being the market leaders in the UK.
This UK business seeks a Director of Business Performance and Operations to act as the number 2 and Chief of Staff to the Managing Director as they now move on to the next phase of growth. This fast-growing business unit has achieved rapid growth in the first two years, with 40 employees and a project pipeline of over £200m.
A key priority is to take over the day to day operations from the Managing Director and ensure they have operational readiness as contracts move to site. Whilst having a highly capable, hardworking and effective management team, a strong people centric leader is needed to help coach and mentor the management team to ensure they achieve their potential.
This is a great opportunity to take a new position, shape it and play a key leadership role in a fast-growing company with a ‘start-up’ feel that is backed by a multibillion € utility business.
- 10 years+ energy sector experience in senior leadership roles
- Experience of operational and tangible delivery (Not just transformation or change programmes)
- Management Consulting or business process improvement
- Strategy development and the ability to transform strategic ambitions into aligned operational plans
- Proven experience of change management, including bringing people through times of change and retaining their confidence
- Experience of creating a high performance environment
- Able to coach and mentor teams of people
- Experience of interacting and communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience of working with IT Teams to deliver new projects
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills at all levels including C-suite and ability to manage upwards
- Experience of working in customer facing roles
- Entrepreneurial, agile and able to work at pace
- Calm under pressure and an able to make an empathetic impact
- Results driven
- Able to communicate complex information in layman’s terms
- Possesses an understanding of complex value chains
- Experience of M & A integration
- Experience of taking a start-up business or division and helping it scale through robust processes and systems and leadership
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lee De Souza, Lead Consultant at Harrison Bridge on 07817 836359 for an informal and confidential discussion.