- A leading player in liquid waste, highly compliant with good relations with the Environment Agency
- Work for a diverse business covering logistics, agriculture and liquid waste
- Part of a group with strong financial backing
- Flexible working
- High employee retention
This opportunity is within a successful, £19 million turnover company with strong financial backing from their parent company.
The business has grown from a family business into one of the largest liquid waste to land operators, with a modern fleet of trucks and tankers supported by robust logistics systems.
They have multiple operator sites across the UK and their head office is in the heart of England, giving convenient access to all parts of the country.
The business has two distinct customer groups; waste producers – identified by the sales team, and farmers – identified and managed by the agronomy team.Moving forward, there is much to do in terms of improving efficiencies, effectiveness, profitability and commercial rigour in both functions. Consequently, the company has identified a need to bring on board an experienced commercial manager who will support both teams and be responsible for unifying these departments.
This is a newly created role to support the growth aspirations of the company. You will play a key part in improving profitability, compliance, efficiency and processes across the business. In the first six months, you will prioritise a key project to pull together information and data to understand where opportunities exist for efficiency to drive performance and profitability.
You will manage a team of 8 with an agronomist and a compliance manager as direct reports. You will work with the team on compliance, information reporting, transport and sales to make sure the business is protected from any associated risks. This will include but not limited to: increased sampling, increased specification on contracts, increased documentation and measuring and tracking profitability for all customers and regions.
As Commercial Manager, you will be the commercial link between the Group Sales Director, the agronomy team and the General Manager who has responsibility for transport.You will be measured on your ability to improve profitability, provide accurate information and reporting that informs decisions and improves efficiency in areas such as reducing transport miles and EA deployment costs.
You will be able to influence a wide range of stakeholders including EA key contacts, farming bodies and key customers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a great opportunity to shape a newly created role that will play a key part in the growth of the company.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, innovation and cost reduction.
- Experience of managing compliance, preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of creating and providing reports and KPI’s (both internal and external)
- Effective database management experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to report at a senior management level
- An ability to influence stakeholders at all levels both internal and external
- People centric, able to coach, develop and upskill teams
- Strong relationship building skills able to client face with a diverse set of customers
- The ability to work collaboratively across functions
- An ability to champion and implement change
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Good I.T. and excel skills
- Experience in logistics or transport planning environment (desirable)
- Experience in an agriculture or farming environment (desirable)
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 121