- Financially stable and strong performing organisation that provides leading edge consultancy in energy efficiency and sustainability
- Multi product, multi-proposition business, with multiple revenue streams
- Reports to the CEO
- Role includes acting as a Board Director of two Joint venture companies
An independent organisation that provides leadership and expertise related to energy efficiency low carbon transport and sustainable energy use to address the climate emergency.
A trusted, independent voice, they provide leadership and expertise to deliver the benefits of achieving carbon reduction targets: warmer homes, cleaner air, healthier populations, a resilient economy and a stable climate.
They deliver transformative programmes on behalf of governments, NGOs and charitable foundations and have a successful consultancy division that supports businesses and community groups across the UK and internationally with strategy, research and assurance. This has included supporting large corporates with consultancy projects related to electric vehicles to helping developing countries with renewable technology such as solar powered fridges and water pumps.
In the last few years, this organisation has developed profitable revenue streams across the public and private sector and has an increasing footprint internationally.
Reporting to the CEO, you will manage a highly capable finance function of circa 14 staff to support the overall growth of the business and continue its positive impact in relation climate change.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Reporting to the Board on the financial and operational performance of the company
- Developing and implementing strategy and operational plans as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Have accountability for the completion of statutory accounts
- Review the processes and systems and identifying how they might be improved
- Team development to maintain and improve a high performing finance function
This role will also have some minor involvements on the Board of two joint ventures related to energy efficiency. This is a great opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, people centric environment with a mission focused on supporting the climate change and sustainability agenda.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Experienced operator at Finance Director level
- Experience of a mission led organisation or NGO as well as having worked in roles requiring a commercially focused finance function
- Able to contribute to executive decisions and development of the business as part of a high performing senior leadership team
- A credible leader with excellent people management and relationship building skills internally and externally
- Experienced in leading the day-to-day financial operations of a small but complex organisation
- Management of multiple and profitable income streams
- A Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification is preferred)
- Experienced in developing financial models
- Held budgetary responsibility for a £10m+ business
- A team player, able to work in a collaborative, co-creative environment
- Able to adapt to a demanding environment
- Analytical and results orientated
- A keen interest in sustainability
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this position.