- Reporting to the MD / CEO
- Financially stable, modern and high-tech energy supplier who supplies 100% clean energy
- B-Corp status
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to gain stock options
- Play a key role in gaining investment
A new entrant energy supplier aimed at disrupting the Big 6 energy companies who charge a premium for renewable energy. Focused on the industrial and commercial electricity market, their platform lets UK businesses buy their electricity direct, with their choice of local wind, solar and wave generators.
Unlike many other energy suppliers, this supplier has a sustainable, low cost business model which allows them to grow through technology rather than hiring lots of people. All their energy supply deals are guaranteed by their trading agent who has one of the strongest balance sheets in Europe. This means customers can leverage their trading capabilities whilst benefiting from the innovation and customised service from a boutique provider.
Successes to date include a £50m clean energy deal with a public sector consortium and another clean energy deal with a £ multibillion British building materials business.
Our client is looking to accelerate its growth whilst maintaining their delivery, largely focused on technology rather than people. This will require them to improve and embed new technology, processes and improve reporting. Their finance function is currently outsourced and managed by an external book-keeper and accountancy firm and they are now looking to hire a Head of Finance to manage this function as well as provide management finance and business intelligence for the betterment of the business.
This is a key role that will allow the business to capture the margin in different ways for each energy supply deal that has a unique set of costs. A key priority when joining will be to support the business to gain investment. You will also be involved in a number of projects such as managing a switch to a new accounting software.
This role is more than just about the numbers and requires someone that can add value through business intelligence and data and transforming it into meaningful information that provides strategic and financial guidance.
You will manage a number of external parties that currently provide accounting and regulatory reporting as well as interact and / or manage an internal analyst.
Suitable candidates will be able to work autonomously in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
You will be a strong communicator able to manage multiple projects through to completion. This is a great opportunity to play a key role at the early stages of their growth trajectory.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Has worked in a senior finance role, with end to end responsibility for a finance function, with experience of providing strategic and financial guidance)
- Experience of providing business intelligence and able to interpret data into meaningful information and reporting for senior stakeholders
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, generally numerate with the ability to complete analysis, evaluate these and present findings to colleagues.
- Able to develop rational insights based on qualitative and quantitative inputs is essential
- Able to identify critical business issues and make independent suggestions for improvements, implementing where relevant
- Ability to work in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments. Can do, positive and flexible. Action orientated with the ability to react quickly to information coming through from the business
- Experience of identifying critical business issues and suggesting improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- A strong communicated, able to communicate complex issues concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Educated to degree level, preferably in economics, finance or similar
- A Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification is preferred)
- Candidates will have worked for an energy supplier or in forward thinking sectors such as telecoms, technology or in a private equity / venture capitalist environment
Send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this position.
Job reference: 202